This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 23 October 2011

Our greatest fear should not be failure but rather succeeding at the things that don't matter

This week has been a trully amazing week, it has gone by extremely fast. I have a hard time believing that tomorrow is laundry day again and that it is the beginning of week 5. This past month here has been quite possible one of the best months of my life. I have already learned so much and have meet so many different people from all walks of life. Living here in a castle on the other side of the world is both an blessing and at the same time it is also full of its own challenges. The fact that I am here learning and exploring the bible and creating some fantastic friendships has been a blessing but living in a new place with 173 people and missing my home with the familiar life, is hard. I am learning and growing which is good. I am glad I am not doing this alone.
So far this week has gone by like a car going 200km/hour, it was there one second gone the next. Kinda like when you drive though those really small communities, they are gone before you even knew you where in one. That was this week, we had our lectures with John Allan which were great. We went to Carnforth on wed and stocked up on food and then Friday we had seminar on time management. Which by the way made you feel like you were wasting your time but was none the less still good. I also had my daily duty which involved me vacuuming for 2 hours, The vacuums here stuck plus the conference hall floor is so nasty by the end of the week. Friday night was also our social night, I went with Erika to our principle, Robs house and watched movies and ate food. Saturday was our free day and I stayed behind to work on my essay for a bit which I got the first part done and today i got the third part done so I am 2/3 done. Yesterday I also went for a walk with my friend Zach, we walked up to these ruins and walked around there and though these fields. Which turned out to be very muddy and I being really smart wore flip flops which i took off quite quickly and walked around in barefeet. it was cold and wet and muddy. I managed to cut my leg and get stingynettle over my leg. Over all though i'd have to say it was a pretty epic adventure and very fun. We also had a pigeon hole party last night, in which we had to dress up as something. We go a note in our pigeon holes (mail boxes) which told us what we had to dress up as. I was a gladiator, a very pretty one at that. It was a lot of fun we danced and played games.
Then there is today, which is a pretty chill day. We had church service which was amazing. We had this guest speaker who was really good, he was from scotland and really had a passion for speaking and sharing the word. He talked about going from superficial to supernatural. He was saying that we need to get rid of our baggage that is weighing us down and to allow God to take it but also needing to focus our eyes on Him. He said that " Our greatest fear should not be failure but rather succeeding at the things that dont matter." I was really encouraged by his sermon this morning, and I am starting to realize that i need to let go on my baggage and my problems or I am going to have a hard time trying to have a relationship with God.
I am looking forward to the next week here and for our new guest lecturer. I am looking forward to what God has in store for us this week and what he wants to show us. I am excited for this weekend as we head off to Scotland . Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment