This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Enjoy Life, It's God's Gift!

This is me procastinating on the essay I have to write for next week. Big surprise, I know right, me putting things off, I would never do anything like that ever. Well I have actually finished reading the book for the essay, its just that the book did not inspire me to write anything on it. I actually almost fell asleep reading it. It did have a few good points and some repeated information as well, I dont think I would read it again. It was called "Alive in Christ" and it discussed the fact that we as Christians need to know that God has given us himself, to allow us to have Him live in us and for him to be our strength. I enjoyed the points in the book, I just felt like it had the tendency to be a bit all over the place. 
I have some helpful bits of information if you were ever to live in a castle as well. Remember to have warm clothes on hand at all time, wear sweaters and layers to bed or you will never leave your bed. Also be careful when leaving your windows open you might find your self with a bird family in your room. When it rains where a rain hat in doors at all time. You dont want drops of water landing on you inside. As well for getting up the big stair cases, go double time, take two stairs at a time. Try three if you are really talented. The steps are pretty close together and there are a lot of them, it feels like you are going to die everytime you go up them. Also when living in a castle remember you are not a princess or prince, people dont come bring you food or tea. You also will have to pinch yourself a few time to remember that it is actually reality. Crazy isn't it, I live in a castle, Its a gorgeous place and i have always dream of it. I wish I could upload pictures but the internet here sucks. Thats another thing about a castle, internet is almost a foreign concept. It is amazing how slow it goes so if you want anything done fast you might as well go to the local starbucks. Planning for holiday is been a slow and torture project. Another thing about the castle here is that you should be careful what you say and how loud you say things in your room, because the walls are almost paper thin. We do have sheep who are all preggo so dont think about going and chasing after them unless they chase after you! Then run run run!!
Any who things are going good we have a new guest lecturer name John Allan who is pretty good. He is Scottish and very interesting to listen to. And for the most part I stay awake during his lectures. He is doing two different series one on Ecclesiastes and the other on Facing the Modern World. The first on is a little depressing just because Ecclesiastes is a depressing book but its a very real book in the sense that, it shows how a lot of people actually think. It goes on about whats the point of life but though living in God there is a point because what he does lasts. I could go further but that might take all day. The other one so far has just been a history lesson about the changing of the world and how people have become more individual , in the sense that they are making their own choices and deciding what they want to do and think and often going away from what their families once were. Its explaining our Christianity is slowly declining and why it is. Our other lectures this week are given by our principle and I love listening to him he keeps you interested. His series is on personal evangelism. So far we have started with the fact that we need to start showing Gods love where we are now not some where else or at another time but now. We are looking at motivations for evangelism and how and why we should do. 
Other then that life is going pretty good, I must start writing my essay but i have more then a week. We are going to town to pick up food tomorrow and then thursday our RA is doing a fashion show/ workshop for the girls and then Saturday a bunch of us are going to Lancaster to go for dinner and see the new Footloose movie. 
Au-revoir and Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment