This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 2 October 2011

One week complete

My first week over here in England has been an absolute blast so far, I am looking forward to another 6 months here with my fellow classmates. Everyone has been so nice and awesome so far, and I have been meeting people from all over. Majority of the students here are from Canada and the states we have 25 people from B.C. alone, and lots more from the rest of Canada. We have a few people from denmark and Germany and a few from Asia and other parts of Europe as well. We have 6 lectures a day, 4 in the morning and another 2 later in the evening after tea, which is actually dinner back home. We have quite a bit of free time which we can either read, walk the loop or just hang out with friends. Fridays are cleaning and seminar day, depending what group you are in and then sat we get the day off, this last saturday we went to the lake district. Its very much like home other then smaller mountains and brick fences and buildings everywhere. And then on sunday we have a morning service as well as an evening service and then we have free time in between.
Today is the first day that I have been here where it has actually rained. The last week has been gorgeous and sunny all day. Its been actually very warm and i wished I had brought along some more shorts. But they say that from here on in its suppose to rain a lot and even maybe snow here soon. Which means a lot more hanging out inside and less time outside. Although we did head out for a short walk around the loop today, with our umbrellas and raincoats.
As I have mentioned, I have meet some amazing people here so far. It feels like we have known each other a lot longer then just a week. I want to believe that I have the best room in the castle with some of the most amazing people here. There are 4 other girls in my room with me, which you never know what kind of situation that will bring about, but we are getting along very well. We have managed to keep our rooms extremely tidy thus far and have been managing to get along and share as well. There are two girls from B.C. in my room one from Surrey named Rachel, she is very bubbley and social and got us to go out of our comfort zones and sit with new people at meals. And then there is Laura who is from Abbortsford, she is super sweet and nice. And then there is a girl from Alaska named Kaitlyn and a girl from Germany named Franzi and they are both extremely nice but just a bit quieter. I have also meet many other people including two guys one of which is from Surrey and actually live just down the road from my dads, he also was the one who sat beside me on the plane ride here, his name is Zach. And i have also become friends with his new friend named Trevor who is from California and has never seen snow or rain( he actually has). But this two go on speed walks and we practice our british accents which sound quite horrid actually, but it is very amusing and fun.
Being here is amazing but I wouldnt be here with out God wanting me here, and as I spend more time here learning about him and building a relationship with his son, I am seeing his plans for me a little more clearly and  that i am here for a reason. I am soo glad to be here and I thank god every day for it, becuase the things i am experiencing are things i would never even know if I was at home. Good day and good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment