This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 16 October 2011

Christ in Me!!

Weather report for England, grey cloudy with rain with a chance of 5 minutes of sunshine!! Yeah, pretty much the last week has been cloudy with misty rain or down pour rain, other then yesterday which we had a glorious bright sunny day. It was even pretty warm until evening, we got the chance to go out and walk the canal loop which was nice and muddy in parts but dryer then most days. We also booked our hotel for travel weekend, one of my friends mom was able to get a good deal for us in a hotel in Scotland, as well we looked into what we are doing for Christmas. We are hitting up London, Paris, Germany, Denmark and Holland, exciting times!!
This past week has been pretty mundane and uneventful. We have had lectures with our guest speaker, Robert A. He was an older fellow whose voice was so calming it almost put me to sleep a few times. It doesn't help when he does lectures during 7-9 pm and you are already exhausted. He overall wasn't a bad speaker, he was just a little confusing at times and he was speaking on the book of Hebrews, which is a hard chapter in its self. I had my outreach monday night which was interesting to say the least. It was at this youth group , which is more like a group of kids from the computer who hang out for two hours and talk and just chill. I found it hard to communicate with some of the younger ones mostly because as soon as we tried to talk or hang out with them they pulled out their cell phones. We ended up talking with two girls and a few guys who were a little more welcoming towards us. It was completely different then I would have thought and we have to go back in a week and so I am hoping that it will go a little bit better next time. Lectures were monday-thursday with friday being a work day for me, so we cleaned the zoo boys room and then later we had the history of capernwray which was alright nothing exciting other then the movie we watched which was from 1960. It was hilarious, at least I thought it was. 
Today we had a really good church service, we had a speaker named Graham who is supposed to be coming back in a few weeks to be our guest lecturer. I quite enjoyed him and what he had to say. He was talking to us about whether we have religion or if we have life. Most christians just have religion with out the life. Life being the fact that instead of life for Christ, we are to live our life with Christ in us. It was a perfect message today because I have felt very empty latley and have been feeling my insides with food for the last couple of days. 
Its still amazing being here and I love what I am learning, its just difficult to try and take everything in when we are learning so much. As well as the fact that alone time here is pretty much impossible, I am learning that I need to start making time for myself everyday even if 30 minutes to just reflect on my day and spend time in prayer. Its overwhelming to spend all your time with people, everyday. 
This week has flown by and I am excited for what the rest of my time here has to offer and I am excited to see my relationship with Christ grow more and see what he has instore for my life.  I ask that you pray for safety when we travel and our health here as we are in a damp castle with 173 people. Thats a lot of germs.  Also prayer for my sanity here and that I can open my heart and my eyes a little bit more. And for sleep. 
Thanks lots of love Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment