This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 9 October 2011

I will wit upon the Lord!

These past few days have felt like a whirlwind of activities. We finished off our lectures Thursday night and Friday was our cleaning or seminar day. I cleaned last week and so Friday morning I went to a seminar on worship and planning a church service. Later in the evening we had games going and we had a pretty big bonfire where we sang pop culture songs mixed with some good old camp worship songs. Saturday started off pretty awesome because we got to sleep in and I woke up to someone playing piano down stairs (The piano around here is awesome, because usually there is someone playing, if there isn’t it gets quiet. It is very relaxing and so easy to fall asleep to.) Our trip to Silverdale ended up getting cancelled due to the fact that it was sorta kinda not really rainy. You’d think that we are in England so that these events wouldn’t need to get cancelled due to rain. So we had to do some quick last minute planning of what we were going to do and pretty much the school population quickly called taxis waited half hour plus and drove off to Carnforth, Lancashire and some went further. I went with 7 other girls, 5 from Abby and two from the states and we head off to explore Lancashire. We shopped till we dropped, took advantage of fast starbucks internet (and amazing coffee) and ate some good food. I ended up finding boots for 6 pounds and a shirt for 2 pounds from a thrift shop plus a few other goodies. We got back to school after dinner and watched a dodgeball tournament. My good friends who played on a team called “We are BATMAN” actually won. They wore these awesome yellow shirts with this mullet head and they had bat capes as well. My tall giraffe friend Zach found himself an onezie that is actually a tiger outfit. It is the funniest thing ever especially when he has the cape on. But they ended up winning.
Today is just a typical Sunday and so we have just been hanging out but we had our Sunday service which one of the staff named Trevor spoke. It was a good service, he is just very hard to understand and so for a good 5 to 10 mins I thought he was saying wit when he was actually saying wait. He talked about waiting upon the Lord and being patient. We have an evening service tonight and we are back to lectures tomorrow.  I also have my outreach to a local youth group tomorrow night and I have no idea what I am in for. But that’s what I am here for, I here for an adventure.
As for how I am feeling, I am doing pretty well. Other than the fact that at home today/tomorrow is Thanksgiving and so I am missing out on Thanksgiving dinner. In the UK they don’t do anything at all so it’s our typical vege and meat with potatoes lunch with some berry crisp and custard.  I have started missing home a little bit. I miss the food and my bed and just being able to do whatever I want whenever I want. I want to sit at home on the couch with a cup of tea wrapped in a blanket watching TV. There is no TV in the castle and the internet is so slow. Plus we have no idea what is going on in the world. I feel as if there could be a huge riot somewhere and we would have no clue that it happened. It’s gorgeous here and I love it and the people are so sweet but it would be so very nice to hang out by myself with no one else around. I am excited to see what the week has in store and I am excited to see how the Lord will work in my life.
P.S We have also started planning our travel weekend and our Christmas break. We are either going to Scotland or Dublin for travel weekend and we are going to Spain, Italy and Greece for Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment