This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Tuesday 1 November 2011

We came, we saw, we conquered...Scotland

We got back yesterday from an amazing weekend away. The weekend defiantly had some highs as well as some lows. Spending 3 straight days with 4 girls was bound to have some crabby moments. Day 1 we learned that we should not allow lunch to wait untill two and that we should start looking for a place to eat at like 12:30. Girls with no food in belly and doing a lot of walking can be quite destructive. So what all did we do exactly, well we woke up walked the streets of Edinburgh visited the famous castle. I thought it was pretty sweet, it was rather large and old, making it really cool. We also shopped, very bad and dangerous. However during our shopping experience we ran into 3 guys from our school who we took them shopping, so that we could help find the one new clothes. Which was funny because just this past week we had talked about helping him find better clothes. He looks a lot better, trust me on this one, it was an amazing transformation as long as he can keep it up. We ended up going for dinner and just hanging out. Sunday we slept in a bit, did some more shopping, went up to these ruins on this little mound. You could see over all of Edinburgh. I ended up going up again with one of my friends from the school who i meet up with . It was amazing to see in the day time but at night it was unbelievable, speechless. I loved it so much probably my favourite thing was just the amazing buildings and how everything is so old and so beautiful. I almost want to stay here and live in Europe forever, I can defiantly see why some people said I would never come home.We did have pretty amazing weather while we were there other then a lot of wind and a bit of rain but we all survived and made it home safe and sound, ready to sleep in our own bed with all our stuff and free food.
This week is a little different we only have lectures today and tomorrow. Thursday we do a day of prayer, so in preparation for that they suggest fasting from the media for a few days, so internet, tv, music, so that it can allow you before hand to become used to the quietness. I am looking forward to the day of prayer, i think it'll give a much needed time to think and pray of course. For those who are praying for me back home, continue to pray for my health and safety but also for my sanity. Its hard living with so many people sometimes. But also lately, I have just felt lonely for the people back home, for my support group, my friends my family. I may be surrounded by so many people but at the same time its not the same. Also pray for my friend Zach who is having problems with a lung of his. Before he came his lung partially collapsed and he says it is starting to feel like it did before it collapsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment