This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Monday 28 November 2011

Just a typical week

Hmm to be honest, i thought about not updating this week, it has pretty uneventful and i was feeling a lack of need to write. But I suppose I should or else ill probably forget all of the happenings. So as per usual we had lectures Mon though thurs. How ever we did not have lectures thursday night, becuase of a "Special night" which was their way of not calling in americain thanksgiving when it on the day of thanksgiving. It was pretty good food.
This week as for lecturers were concerned they were pretty good we had Stewart and Jill Briscoe from Wisconsin come and lecturer us on Servanthood and as well as what the church should really be. Stewart made sure immediately that we knew that Church is not a place you go but something you are. He talked about what it means to be part of the church body and that church isnt the place but the people. His wife Jill talked on servant hood, she had a ton of awesome amazing cool stories and was so fun and relaxing to listen to. I loved having both of them here and i learned so much, but also had new realization just about how I act and behave. We also had Kim lee speak on The father heart of God. Her lectures were alright in jsut the area that its nice to have a reminder of what the heart of God is like and just how amazing his love is for us.
Other then lectures we had our tract project that was due thursday so we spent most of the time before that working on it and getting it done. I got my results back but apparently I am fine so I have just been drinking cranberry juice. I have been feeling a lot better other then there is another cold going around, so sore throat yeah!! But Friday we did have a seminar on Budgeting which was far too long and all stuff I have already heard before and then friday after noon I walked to this cute cafe at the end of the canal again with Zach and had coffee. But the weather has gotten cold and so its been extremely windy and geting wet and cold. Friday night we watched a movie and just hung out. Saturday I headed to the cafe with a few girls, Jessica, Kendyl and Caitlyn and it poured rain by the time we got there we were completley soaked and muddy. So we didnt stay long but it was so fun to walk there in the wind and rain and was a moment to be remembered. We walked really fast back so that we could put our pjs on and do laundry and just wrap our selves in blankets and drink tea. It was so quiet when we got back becuase a lot of people went to a football game (soccer). I loved hanging out in my pjs it was so relaxing and was defiantly a chill day. Saturday was also German nights and so the 10 Germans put together a fun filled nights with german facts and games. After a bunch of us girls got though half the movie Sound of Music. Best movie ever!! It was a really good day. Sunday was church and one of the students here from Abby did the sermon, he spoke on Faith and courage. He did a really awesome job. After chruch I went for a nice walk along the canal, Sunday was one of the best days weather wise at least.
It really was a pretty relaxed week and not a lot of excitement going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment