This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 20 November 2011

The power of a great friendship

I am honestly loving life here, it is so amazing. It is so cool to hear and see how awesome God is and how he is working in everyones life here. I love it and fully living it up. This week has been an actually really decent week overrall it was not bad. It turned out a little different then I thought.
Monday was fairly normal, tues I had a doctors appointment which turned out that my back is hurting because my kidneys are slightly infected. I am still waiting to hear back from the lasted test results on what is fully wrong with it. But until then if you could all just pray for my health and the pain in my back . The pain is intensive and quite horrible. It hurts when i sit or stand as long as i am moving I am doing alright and so lectures this week were hard. It was hard to stay concentrated and focused on what the lecturers were saying. Other then That i am just waiting to hear back from my test and hope that my body isnt too messed up. So hopefully this pain goes away because it is not a fun thing really.
 We had two guest speakers this week one named Cristi who spoke on Sunday. i quite enjoyed him , he encouraged us to read deeper in the the passages that we were going over with him. He was speaking on the sermon on the mount, and he was able to encourage me. Our other lecturer this week was Derek Stringer, who was alright, who speaks on a radio and you can defiantly tell. his voice is monotoned and during night lectures it can truthfully put you to sleep. He was quite funny and did have some good things to say but not my favourite speaker. He spoke on Colossians.
Tuesday our essay was also due and so I finished and handed that in on Monday and so I was able to go to lancaster on Tuesday and we booked our train tickets to Paris and also our hostel in London.
Wednesday was kinda a slack day, we went into Carnforth again and then just spent more time trying to figure out Christmas travels. Thursday was a great day we walked the loop a few times and I walked to this little cafe down the canal with Zach. It was a lot of fun, and a nice change of senary. There was little mini sheep and no i dont mean lambs, they were full grown  but they were mini. So so very cute i wanted to steal one. There was also this really really quant cute little store with all sorts of nick knacks. I think its going to be my new favourite hang out place while I am here. I am planning to go there a few times this next week with some girls here.
Friday was a blast, i really enjoyed the day and everything it had to offer. I had cleaning duty so I had to go around and give everyone clean sheets and so we ended up finishing early so we got to go lie down and relax a little bit before lunch. After lunch I walked the loop and it has been so sunny and gorgeous here. As we were comning back from our walk we meet up with a group of sheep who decided to chew through the rope on the gate and let themselves out so me and Zach herded sheep back into their cage. Quite the experience, not something i want to do regularly. And we also booked our hostel for Paris and then I went for another walk with this girl named Jordi. She is super sweet and we realized jsut how much we have incomman with each other. It has been really nice finally feeling like i have people to talk to here again. I am beginng to grow real friendships with the girls here and it has been so amazing just to see where everyone has come from. I am realizing how important deep connections with girls are. I also got to watch some glee with the girls from room three. I am in room two and our whole room is really close with room three and so we end up spending a lot of time in each others room. Its a lot of fun. Friday night there was open mic night with lots of singing and that and then a few of us went outside and watched a movie under the stars with blankets and popcorn. It was a great way to end a wonderful day. Its so crazy to think that its November and we can still enjoy being outside.
Saturday was our trip to silverdale so there was about 20 or so people form school who went. We walked along the ocean and through this forest, it was a good hour or so walk. It was so beautiful and nice to see the ocean again as well as something different. It is so easy to see the same people and the same things around here again and again. The rest of the day i just relaxed watched some more Glee and a movie. I also went swimming with a few girls and then just hung out went for a walk, talked to my dad for a bit which was really nice.  I believe we are also doing Dublin for after Paris so Christmas plans are almost done. Today has just been Church and the speaker was good but I couldnt sit through the whole thing my back is hurting a lot today. There is also a meeting today for people who have had parents who have divorced.
I am honestly having a great time here and becoming really good friends with people here and learning so much. Its been an amazing experience so far and I am looking forward to the next 4 months and for christmas travels. The weather here has been amazing and sunny with some rain and more clouds but no snow.
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment