This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 13 November 2011

What a wonderful God !!

It's already the beginning of week 8, its hard to believe how fast time has gone by. I am loving everyday here, more and more. I am beginning to see the glory of everything, and just realizing how blessed I am. It has been an overall decent week, with a few crazy moments. My body has just been ever so kind to me this week. I having a very painful back pains right now with someother aches and pains though out my body as well as contuniation of my stomach problem or joy is me. Whatever I am surviving and doing well other then that. Our week has been pretty un eventful and dull. It has been nice most of the week with a few times of rain and mostly jsut cloudly times. Saturday and Sunday where absolutely gorgeous. It sucks cause they were suppose to be my essay writing days but its hard to do when you just want to go outside and enjoy the wonderful weather. We have been blessed over here with the weather thats for sure. Everyone told me that it just rains and is cloudy all the time here which I am thinking that the weather back home is worse then the weather here.
So this past week what has happened I dont really remember too too much. I have been trying to socialize with some of the other girls and so I have been out on walks and talks with a few of the girls in my hall. Last Sunday we had our typical sunday chruch servicce Brady, our RA did the sermon on encouraging each other. So we all wrote letters of encouragement to each other. Later we had our evening service which the Koreans did the worship and then some of the staff shared their testimonies with us. The Koreans did such an amazing job or worship. They have this way of truly showing their passion for Christ though music. Its always a blast when ever they do worship. Mon-thurs were lectures as usually. Although monday and tuesday we did walk through the new testament with Paul keeys. And then the rest of the week was lectures on the upper room discourse with Rob or principle. His lectures this week were amazing, it got us to realy take time and think about what we believe and why and then having the information to back up what we believe with things from the bible. This week I also went to town did some grocery shopping and just hung out and went for walks and started my essay and reading. Friday was seminar day for me, se it was on Singleness and Sexuality, it was interesting to say the least. Friday was a really good day overall. I went for a walk with this girl named Jessica from Alaska. She is so sweet and nice and we had a really amazing talk about jsut how amazing being here is and how awesome God is. We reflected on all that we have learned and talked about things back home. It was nice to talk to someone finally on a bit of a deeper level, and to be able to get my thoughts out and heard and to jsut hear how someone else is doing with being here. Its so easy to know everyone by name but it is hard to feel like you really know anyone. There are 173 people here and I feel like so often you jsut know their names and not really know them on a deeper level. I am beginning to feel like I need those deeper relationships with girls like the ones i have at home. I dearly miss my girls back home and just the fun crazy times we have and how they know me better then anyone here. I miss you guys! Friday I also got working on my essay and ended up talking with this girl named Chelsea who is super sweet and is from Wisconsin. I have talked to her before but not actually sat down and talked to her. It was a good day for getting to know people and jsut talking and socializing. Later that night we ended up doing a worship night, which was a lot of fun and we focused on just all the blessing we have. We also spent the evening watching the show Community. Saturday I worked on my essay for a bit and went for a walk a few times and jsut relaxed. Saturday night we did an auction for Kenya and Romania. I bought a chance to do christmas baking and also I bought the most expensive cookies I have ever bought, they were really good. Today we had church service and Christy this guy who is going to be our lecturer for the week did the sermon. He spoke on Matthew 6:28. I continued to work on my essay, I am almost done only 300 more words and we also did roomates picture. I also got a picture with a sheep today.
We just got back from our evening worship service which was pretty good.
This week is just another typical week, although we are planning and booking all our train and plane tickets for christmas. Our plans are starting to come into place, I am extremely looking forward to spending time in london and paris. Please continue to pray for health and safety for me over here. Also my dads dad isnt doing so well so if you can pray for his health and safety as well. Thank you I love you and miss you all so much

No comments:

Post a Comment