This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Monday 5 December 2011

The Father Son and Holy Spirit

So this week was pretty decent over all, Our principle Rob Whittaker came back from lecturing at Two other Torchbearer schools. So it was nice to have him back here lecturing to us, he finished his lecture series on The Upper Room Discourse and then Ian our dean of students did a lecture on The Holy Spirit. Both lectures were really good this week and got us all thinking about what we believe and it brought up some good conversations on just the different beliefs of people. We talked about how the holy spirit works in us and just being filled and what the holy spirit is all about but also the spiritual gifts.
Monday the beginning of the week i headed into town (Carnforth) and went for coffee at this cute little coffee shop with Jordi. Tueday we went to Lancaster to finish all our travel plans, we are officially done. So just so you know I am heading to London till the 26th and then to Paris to spend new years theres and we are finishing off this wonderous journey in Dublin from the 1st to 7th and then back to school for 12 more weeks of life here at Capernwray. Wed and Thurs were chill days we walked the loop and worked on homework and just hung out. Friday was work day so i cleaned rooms and washed window ands bathrooms and hall ways with my dear friend Christy from Burnaby. We decided that we are going to know each other so well by the end of our 3 weeks of travel that we wont want to seperate. So when we get home we are going to spend all our time together. When i get home its going to be such a culture shock going from always being with the same people to being pretty much at home alone. Going to be slightly crazy.
The fact of the matter is that this week has been a slightly emotional week I have felt grumpy that there is always people around and I have felt like I just want to go home. I have missed my daddy and my family and friends and a normal life but I have also realized that I dont want to leave this place. I am loving what I am learning and I love most of the people here. I am having a blast and I feel so blessed to have a great group of frriends here who live in burnaby, surrey, lowermainlan area so that when I do go home we can still stay connected. It is so hard to believe that we are leaving to go to london in less then 2 weeks it is coming up so fast and I am so looking forward to it. It is crazy and i love the people I am traveling with.
Friday night was family group night(Family groups is every wed. morning and they divide all the students up randomly and place a staff memember or two with them and call it a family.) So after a lazy friday we went to our family leaders house and watched Elf and played apples to apples and ate some food. Our family groups baked or decorated or played games or watched movies as well. It was a pretty good night, if I was feeling better then it would have been better and more enjoyable.
Saturday is our free day, but I decided to go with the school to Manchester on the coach to do some Christmas Shopping. I didnt really do a whole lot of Christmas shopping but I did shop. I have to buy something for my secert sister and my secert Santa that we are doing in my room. Other then that I found some really cute stuff. I found a red purse which I love and i found hobbo gloves to match and then a black dress for the christmas formal, which hopefully if my sister likes it I can use it for her wedding. There was also this vintage, crazy, few decades ago but now in style store that was over whelmed with Big ugly sweaters and big bold printed everything! It was so crazy and awesome, I found some sweet shoes. Later in the evening we had a basketball 3 on 3 tournment. It was a lot of fun to watch but it was far to long and so I got bored rather quickly. However The Brady bunch won the tournment. The team consisted of Zach, Brady (our RA), Kaitlyn (my roomie) and Vanessa Funke. I ended up hanging out with Beth and Christy from Burnaby during the game and I went shopping with them during the day which was a blast and a half. I quite enjoyed my time with them and am really looking forward to spending Christmas travels with them.  After the basketball a few of us watch this show called Community.
Sunday we did service a little bit different then normal, usually we do it out in the conference hall, (where we do lecture). However we had it in the lounge which was tight and a lot of people had to sit on the floor. But we had the fire on and sung a few christmas songs, and did advent service. We had cookies and tea after and hung out and talked in the lounge till lunch. As the day progressed, it went on in a typical sunday at capernwray manner. We walked the loop twice and we came back and chilled in the lounge till Tea (dinner), I sat with Beth and just talked all afternoon it was really nice and relaxing. Later on in the evening we did our usually night service however it was slightly different, a lady came in and talked to us on the persecuted church. It is such a sad topic but one that needs to be discussed, it really made me think of how little I am willing to stand up for my faith. She was talking about how people die for what they believe all the time, and that isn't right in anyway. Its hard to hear but at the same time I can barely stick up for what I believe at home, yet people sign their name saying they are willing to die for God. Its a hard thing to think about because a lot of us have families and friends we love and we aren't willing to give them up yet. So I felt really challenged last night for when I come home to stick up for my faith and not let people walk all over me.
It has started to get really cold and sorta wet here, we have been trully blessed to have had nice weather thus far but now it is freezing, I have bought myself stuff to keep my hands and head cold. At night I sleep with multitudes of clothes on and blankets and hot water bottle. The castle is freezing and out side is freezing. Half the school population is suffering from a stuffed, running noise. My hands are contently cold, and never really warm up. The roof of the school leeks from time to time and our windows never really close. Dont feel sorry for me I live in an awesome castle with a week and a half left to go. I leave for London on the 14 at like midnight or something like that. I am very excited and happy and cant wait.
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment