This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Monday 30 January 2012

God is Love

Week three of Semester 2 and only 6 more weeks to go. It's such a crazy thought to think that school ends for me in a matter of a month and a half and 10 of those days we are on out reach. So really for those who are missing my wonderfully beautiful face and my incredible personality no need to worry I will be home before you know it. Well add in another few weeks of travelling to the 6 weeks and it'll more likely be about 9 ish weeks. I am very excited to go home but also not so excited. I am very mixed emotions about the whole situation still. Going home means i have to find a job and go back to normal school and a life that I have to be alone a lot. Here there is always people to be around but going home means normal food no more roommates, a hot shower every night, I can go where I want when I want. I love this place I really do, I wouldnt trade it for anything in this world but it has its advantages and disadvantages as does any place really.
Well Shall i recap my pretty uneventful week for you. I managed to learn a lot this week or at least get some nice reminders. Sunday was suppose to be my day to do homework and meet with people and go walk the canal, however my old roomies forgot to let me know that they wanted to go to town. So they convinced me to go after agreeing to talk about the essay I hadn't yet started. So we walked to carforth where we had to taxi to Lancaster becuase nothing not even trains are open on a Sunday around here. No that many people actually go to church. So in Lancaster pretty much we went to Pizza hut and had dinner, which was amazing. Pizza is sooo good. We headed back here where we had evening service and bed time.
Mon through thursday is lectures as usual. However Monday was essay writing day, I started 6:30 in the morning and got 800 words and then finished the next morning. Don't worry I didn't work straight through I had classes and food eating times and add in some meetings and a few breaks for snacks plus talking and our new favourite past time around here Gilmore Girls. My essay did get done eventually. I am now just hoping that it actually passes. Tues-thurs I just kinda hung out had a few meetings, talked to people typical Capernwray day.
So our lectures this week were pretty intense we had Rob doing Early Life of Abraham. We finally finished the lecture series, kinda sad I really enjoyed all that he had to say. This week he was focusing on Relational Conflict within the church but also with people just in general. It was really neat becuase he talked about the different ways we deal with conflict and with people and how we react and why we do. What he was saying was things that I feel like we should all know. It was a really great series for I think everyone in the room whether you could use the information now or later. We also had a guest lecturer this week names Rick Bundshaw, who helped write Soul Surfer. He is from Hawii, he did a pretty good job, he spoke on the Economy of God. Which is kinda hard to explain but it was all on the idea of how the world views things and how so often we as christians take in these worldy views when we should be using christian/kingdom values. There is more but some of its complicated in how to explain.
Our week ended on a pretty decent note overall. Friday groups started to leave and so there was about 50 of us left for the night some to leave in the morning others to stay the weekend here. I stayed friday night in my room by my self and relaxed and watched a few movies and then left sat morning. We were all heading off to different parts of the UK for outreach weekend. So pretty much it involved us going there being introduced to the church and various other groups of people, we were also told the massive list of things we have to prepare and how jam packed our 10 days will be. We are pretty much doing it all, I lucked out and I get to preach infront of one of the churches. There is so much I could tell. It was an amazing weekend, I am staying at this host family with my friend Sophie and then our other team members are spead out amoung 4 other familes. The lady we are staying with is super sweet. We watched the Iron lady with her and then Sunday after church she sent us out with a map and me and Sophie walked around town. Overall a great weekend, we ended with a really good evening church service where a girl younger then me preached. She was really good and confident she spoke on the being part of a war and being the army of God. It was an awesome reminder that I can do it, I can go out and I can do this outreach. I am so excited to be stretched and pulled and challenge my self.
I ask for prays over my relationship with God may grow but also my friends here as well. Also that when I am and everyone else leaves this place that we might remember the lessons we learn and continue to grow and havea  relationship with God. Another prayer request is for our outreach group and that we might grow and become united and encourage each other but also glorify God in all that we do.
I hope all is going well at home, I miss you and love you guys and Ill be home in about 9 weeks :) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment