This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Saturday 14 January 2012

Star bright Star light first star i see tonight!! Welcome back!

It's so weird being back here at Capernwray, but we are back and in full swing of things all over again for semester two. And let me tell you things have changed a lot. We have gotten new roommates in different rooms, I miss my old roomies a lot and my old room, but I have some interesting new ones. I say interesting only because I dont know them too well yet. All the rooms seem to have quite the mix of girls, none of the rooms make a lot of sense but we shall see how it all works out. So in my room I have 3 other girls all from Canada, one named Emily who is from Langley, B.C. she has some tendancies that remind my a bit of my sister in kinda the controlling motherly bit, and shes a bit loud and has some weird moments. She also is known around school for her funny weird sounding sneezes. Then there is Courtney who is from Hepburn Saskactewan, she is really sweet and funny. I dont know her too well but we seem to get along fairly well so far. Last but not least there is Maddie who from Steinbach Manitoba, she was in Brianna, my chilliwack buddies room last semester, so I got to know her pretty well. She is a lot of fun, kinda crazy, not big into following rules. Its great because we all dont hang out in the day and we all have different friends so we often have at least one other person in our room. The other day at one point we had 6 other girls hanging out in our room. We also have an extra beds so we have girls come sleep over. Our new room is spacious not as big or as cool as my last, I am no longer in the castle but now the conference hall so it is a bit warmer. It is not as convienant if you want to go hang out with everyone else but its cozy in our rooms and we get internet in our room. Its not bad and I only have 10 weeks in this room minus a 10 days for our outreach. Which we found out our groups today. I am part of the biggest group, who is going to Sale which is close to Manchester. There are three churches we are helping at and so we have two leaders, Aimee and Orion and then we have 10  others so total there are 4 guys and 8 girls. I think our team is actually going to be pretty sweet. I enjoy everyone in our group so it should be a lot of fun.
This week we got new seating plan for the rest of the school year and so we are actually sitting with the people who are on our outreach. We also got new duties which my duty is lucky me I get to clean the girls bathroom in my hall, which is absolutely great. Not really but oh well. I have also had to get used to waking up early again and so i am back in my scedule of waking up at 6 to go read and do internet for 6:30 till breakfast at 7:30. The rest of the day is the same, lectures, lunch, walk, hang out and nap and do homework and then dinner and lectures then off to bed early. I live such a thrilling life here at Capernwray. Really that is all there is to life here so I dont know why I am continuing to blog about it. Oh the exciting thing is that we pulled an all nighter coming here which was hilarious untill we were getting off the plane after having no sleep and we all felt sick and gross and then had to train to school and eventually we felt fine but I lost my voice from being already a little sick plus no sleep. So I am finally getting it back, it was really squeaky and barely could hear it. Everyone loved to make jokes about it. I am just glad I can hear myself talk again and that I dont sound like a mouse anymore.
What else is new well we had Mark Thomas talk on 1 Corinthians again, which it has been 3 weeks of his lectures and we are only not even done the book and there is only 16 chapters. I am not a big fan of him and have a very hard time focusing during his lectures. We also have a guest Lecturer Andy Jack this week, he one that I quite enjoy, he is doing 1 Samuel. Its been pretty good so far Andy  is making us think and showing how it applies not only to them but he pulls it in and makes it about Jesus again. The way he is doing his lectures is engaging and I can focus so easily. He also doesnt go down a lot of side streets in his lectures to try and get to the point he just says it straight out and then shows us how to apply it.
Some quick last minute updates, all my jeans have decided to get destoryed so me and Zach made a trip out to Lancaster on Saturday where he figured out travel plans and I shopped around. Once we were done shopping we visited the ooutside of Lancaster Castle which is now used as a prision. We always go to Lancaster but we never take time to look around and enjoy usually we go for internet and shopping. Oh I also dont have any official travel plans right now and I am looking into trying to find people in Europe to stay with and visit with instead of making my trip crazy and doing hostels all over the place. Oh I have also started my daily walk around the loop which this week some days I do it three times I also went for a RUN! Yeah I know I was surprised and so were a lot of people. We went star gazing Saturday night and saw I think it was 8 or 9 shooting stars, it was freezing cold but so very cool. The one amazing thing here is just how clear you can see the stars even in the morning when I wake up the stars are still out and still rather bright. I truly love it so very much. I dont know if too much else has happenen this past week, its been a lot of walking, hanging out, some roommate naps, and just getting back into the swing of school and life here.
Anywho peace out have a great week everyone, I love you lots and miss you too

No comments:

Post a Comment