This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Friday 6 January 2012

Last stop Dublin!!!

Well coming to Dublin was probably the best place we could have chosen to end this wonderful trip with. It is such a relaxing place with nice people, beautiful senary and wonderful crisp fresh air. So far it has been the coldest place we have visited, London was rather warm, so warm that I actually wore just my rain jacket and one pair of pants, Paris was a tad colder and yet muggy gross cloudy and we had to wear our heavy coats and hats with mits and a few extra layers. However here in Dublin we wear our warmest clothes and I wore 3 pairs of tights and a pair of pants just to keep warm with my toque and mits and my very warm scarf. At points in our day I am still cold. When you get closer to the water you freeze becuase there is this very cool crisp air that passes right through you. 
When we finally arrived and got to our hostel which is the nicest hostel we have been in. I could probably live here it is so quant and clean and the beds are comfier then my bed at capers and everyone is really friendly and it is really just very awesome. Its called Four courts hostel so if you ever need some where to stay in Dublin stay here. Anywho we got here and we needed to eat and I dont remember if I mentioned it in my last entry but we walked around trying to find a pub to eat in and we finally found O'Neills which is very Irish and we got back corner table and some amazing food, 3 of us had this Dubliner Cheese burger which was literally a massive the size of a baseball piece of meat squished down to fit on a massive bun that was bigger then my hand. It was probably the size of my head maybe a little smaller. I finished mine  and most of my fries, it was difficult to eat just becuase the burger barely fit in my mouth but I did it and it was so delicious. 
Monday we woke up bright and early, earlier then we were suppose to becuase you see I forgot to set my cloak on my phone back and hour and so we were an hour ahead still in Paris time so both me and Zach didnt realize this till we got down stairs for breakfast only to have Zach look at his watch and realize it was only 8 and thats why Christy wasnt down there yet to meet us. Rather silly of us but of well. We got stuff done before going out for the day, I finished writing stuff out and I actually got some bible reading and some much needed alone time. They have a reading room here that no one uses so  I went down and took advantage of it, I havent really had anytime to my self in 3 weeks and even before that its been 3 months. I miss being able to be alone for more then 20 mins. We spent the day on a walking tour of Dublin which I suggest for everyone to do, if you are spending more then 3 days in a place to do on day one of your travels. We did one with the same company called Sandmans, in Paris but we did it half way through our trip and so we had seen a lot of the city already. The walking tours are really nice becuase the guides give you a lot of extra historical information about the city plus some secert tips on different things of the city. You also get to see where everything is as well a good idea of the lay out of the place. Our walking tour in Dublin we had a very funny Irish who told us a lot of really good stories if I could remember any of them or if any of them are actually relevant to anything I'd tell you but I cant remember any of them well enough to tell. It was a rather long tour but well worth it we froze our butts off, even though it was very very sunny. We went back to our hostel and ate our frozen pizza, with a very plain salad which is just lettuce. The life of a student travelling with little money.
Tuesday we decided we wanted breakfast  but the place we wanted to go was closed so we went to this pub beside it so we had scrambled eggs with toast. I really wanted pancakes or french toasted, but no such luck. We three girls went out to spend our day shopping while Zach took the opportunity to go out and spend some much needed time alone to explore and so he made his way to howth. Its this village along the coast. He spent the day doing whatever he was doing, exploring, hiking slipping in mud all that good stuff while us girls went to shop. We ended up not shopping for long, we went down this road that has all these shops on it and stopping every now and then but not really wanting to buy anything or spend time looking. None of us have money or space left for anything. So we took a turn that lead us out further away from anything shopping wise and lead us to middle of no where, well it was somewhere we were still in Dublin we were just more or less entering suburbs and then we entered the ghetto and business area and we made our way towards the ocean. We hit the coast coast where all the ships and ferries leave from, it was at this point that we decided we were hungry, very cold from the wind and we thought we should head back. It took a good hour at least to walk back along the water/river/canal, whatever you wanna call it. It was fantastic though because we saw parts of Dublin we would have never other wise saw, and we meet some really nice people who help us find our way back to the hostel. We had the perfect sunny day for it too, it was rather chilly and we were tired, so we went back to the hostel where Brianna napped and me and Christy set out to find this place called Pennys, everyone has been holding these Pennys bags that look the same as Primark, and so we were curious. We eventually found it and its pretty much the same, its owned by the same company just different names. For those who dont know what Primark is, it is only a very big awesome department store in the Uk. It is wonderful truly, you can get a lot of stuff and its all rather cheap, of course it is not good quality but it works for some things. After hitting up Pennys and buying stuff we dont need we walked to this gelatoes place to get some gelatoes of course, in the middle of January whatelse do you do in january besides eat cold snacks. They were so good and both of us can eat them with out getting sick, I got Tiramasueand cookies and spoons. We headed back where we made our cheap unhealthy dinner and watched movies
Wed, Christys friend Mandy was suppose to meet up with us again, however she missed her plane so she didnt end up coming in till 4 and then she didnt get to the hostel till about 7 so spent a lot of unnessasary time waiting around for her. So all we got done was breakfast where we had "american" bacon and eggs with PANCAKES. This is very exciting for me because at school, for breakfast I eat oatmeal during the week and saturday we have hash browns, eggs, and sausages with beans and tomatoes and toast. By the time we actually had breakfast it was lunch and so we waited till 5 to have lunch and then we waited till 8 to have dinner it was wonderful, we went out for pub food which was really good. Pubs here are fantastic, they have good music and great food and just an awesome environment. Anywho the rest of our day was spent waiting for Mandy and going to this Jail, which was only suppose to take "15 mins" to walk to but ended up taking 45 mins. The jail wasn't that exciting or at least not for me. Overall the day wasn't that exciting or great. I ended the day by watching Dexter and just chillaxin. 
Thursday was our trip outta town we decided to go visit the fishing village Zach went to the other day, Howth. We had to take a train there, it only took half hour and then once we got there we walked around the costal cliffs, it was pretty amazing. Kinda reminded me a little of home and the ocean, It was a gorgeous day with a lot of wind and a little rain but overall a great day to see a bit more of Ireland. I loved it there and could have probably moved there if I actually could. The houses are so cute and the everything is beautiful. We stayed there for a bit before heading back for a rest before going for dinner at the Porteerhouse for dinner/appeies. The food here is amazing if I havent already said this before. In the end it was a great relaxing day. 
Friday was our last full day here so we went to visit the Guiness Store house. It was interesting to say the least and some people poured "the perfect pint". After we went had our last Tesco sandwiches for this trip and headed off to shop and just look around. We came back early to nap before dinner. We went to a Pub where no one was and had decent food before going back to pack and get ready for our way back home. Me and Zach decided to make the most of our night and try and find somewhere to have dessert and cofffee. But you see we ran into a problem because restaurants close early and pubs stop making food at like 9 and so we visited the Hardrock cafe were we got ID and had coffee and Apple cobbler. We are now just spending the night hanging out doing an all nighter before heading off to Manchester to go back to school. We have to leave for the airport at 3:30 so there was no point to sleep. I have yet to pack and dont feel the need. We are having quite the interesting hilarious night full of funny faces, noises and some random interesting convosations. 
I cant wait to get back to Capers and find out who all my new room mates are and all the new things and everything that are to come. It has been quite the three weeks of travels. Not bad but we have had some moments. I am ready to get back to some normal life again 
lots of love moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment