This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 12 February 2012

When Life hands you lemons...God will give you strength

This is week one, I was lazy and didnt get a chance to post it. So this week was a back to normal week here at Capernwray. We had an essay on Apologetics due wed which had the questions about how do you know God and Jesus exist, why does God allow suffering and what is a Christian worldview. It was a jamed packed essay that made you really think and dig deep into why you believe. Also we had a memory verse quiz on thursday which I most likely failed, I wouldnt be surprised mainly because I mixed up one of the verses. Other then that we had two guest lectures who were married name Joan and Sam and they taught on Christian Dynamics, and focused on the book of Jonah. It was a really encouraging lecture series and also very applicable to our lives. Both Sam and Joan had very interesting stories on how they came to know God and how they met, it was cool to hear and they were very real with us. Our other lecture this week was by Kin Lee on World Religion so we went over Mormonism, Muslim and Budism . It was cool but I am not a big fan on Kim lee something about her makes if hard to listen to she almost always looks like she is confused or unsure of what she is talking about.
Friday was Marriage Seminar and also Social night, which is where staff memebers let students to come and watch movies or host games. However there are only so many slots and so we didnt do anything and instead I hung out with Trevor from cali and Orion (my team leader from Saskactewan) and Kristen from the Maritimes. We decided to try and figure out some prank of sorts to do that wouldnt harm or get anyone mad and so we rearranged Mark the man in charges room. We left him chocolate and a nice note. We came up with other ideas as well.
Saturday we went to lancaster did internet, stayed for pizza hut and then came back hung out here. Watched Gilmore girls and just kinda chilled with trying to come up with something to do and so we made plans and lists and had a great time.
Sunday was church and just a quite day to chill and relax. I went for numerous amounts of walks and took time to pray and be alone but also spend with other girls as well.
Then we are now on the current week, sorry if this confuses you in any way. Trust me my own brain has been a little mumble jumble the last few weeks. Any how how lectures this week were focused to our 10 day outreach which is in two weeks time. So I went to two seminars one on preaching and the other on youth work, both were really good. I think overall I learned more in preaching then youth work, but we did play games in youth work. We also had other short lectures this week on various other things like building relationships (that one was funny becuase they did role playing of what not to do on 10 day) and we had evangelism and safe work something and a few other short ones.
Other then lectures this week has been a lot of walking 2 to 3 a day with various girls around the school, I beginning to build better relationships with them and just hanging out more. I also went to town this week and got yarn so I can either learn to crochet or knit one or the other. Wed morning our family group had breakfast so we had pancakes, eggs, toast and bacon not amercian bacon though.  Friday was probably the most exciting day, I got to clean the dining hall ya!!! But I also got a hair cut which is even more Yeah!!!! So I now have hair which is 2" shorter and has layers and I have side bangs again !!! Its fantastic it really made me feel so much fresher and better. This week has been a hard week I have to say, I have been in a bit of a slump and not overly too excited  about life. The hair cut helped and I got to hang out with two amazing girls, Ali from Wisconsin and Megan from Saskactewan. The rest of the night was spent chillin in the lounge, while other people play dodge ball and then there was a ridiculous dance off. It was between the two Lukes for a girl. Silly I know. Before Lock up and after the dance off 5 of us ( Orion, Trevor, Katey, and Andy ) went off to walk the loop and make a fire over by the bonfire pit. It was a blast, really was, we made hot dogs and had chips and were out probably till about 1. It was a relaxing evening, with lots of boyish behaviour and fun times. I got back late and had a nice hot shower for once.
I actually slept in on Saturday and went to brunch and then I had a nice and relaxing day at the cafe at the end of the canal with Ali, Megan and Chelsea. We hadnt walked very far at all when Brady our RA drove by and we convinced him to drive us there. We got there and Ali taught me how to crochet and she worked on homework and Chelsea journaled. Megan ran there and met us there a hour or so later. We had fruit scones and tea. It was such a nice and relaxing afternoon. I loved every moment of it. These 3 girls are absolutely amazing, they are such a God send in so many ways. I wish I had gotten to know them better first term but you know what better late then never. Two of them are from Wisconsin and I know one more girl here who I am good friends with who is from there as well and so when I get home I am hoping to go for a road trip to visit the 3 of them. The rest of saturday was great there was a group of about 6 girls who went out for dinner to this italien place. We went for my birthday and Maddie (my roommates birthday which on the 22nd) birthday. It was a lot of fun to get out and relax and eat some amazing food.
Sunday Sunday Sunday the end of a interesting week. We had an amazing speaker this sunday who is speaking all week. I am looking forward to what he has to say. I also made cupcakes for interactive group and I did some more crocheting and walking. Its a typical day at Capernwray.
Love you lots and its another 59 days till I come home April 11th

No comments:

Post a Comment