This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Monday 12 December 2011

And away we go... oh how time has flown

As far as this week has been concerned it has been pretty boring, uneventful, less happening then other weeks, I have done little to nothing. Mon-thurs has just been lectures which is cool and all but not anything new nad exciting. We have started two new lecture series this week one on The Early Life of Abram by Rob  W. It is a really interesting series, he literally picks apart the verses one by one and explains it from different perspective. The last lecture he did was one of my favourites he talked about the will of God. There was an awesome illustration to why He allows it. The illustration he used was Rob allows his daughter to touch the hot stove so that she can learn from it, he doesnt go and force her hand on the hot stove to teach her but he allows it to happen so that she will learn from it and not do it again. It is very much like that way with God he allows us to do things so that we hopefully learn from them and that we will draw near to Him.  Our other lecturer Mark Thomas, the head guy at the school is doing a lecture series on 1 and 2 Corinthians. I quite enjoy these books however, his voice puts me to sleep. I have been able to write quite a few letters during his lectures. I do listen from time to time but he talks on one thing for half hour and you can get his point in 10 mins of listening. I did start focusing more near the end of the week. I also went through the chapters before he talked on them and studied them for my self.
Friday was our seminar day and we had our seminar on daily devotion. Which was really awesome, and such a great reminder, Sue was the speaker and she talked on how we should see God everywhere, becuase he is everywhere. Not just praise Him at church but everywhere you are and everywhere you go. She also talked about finding a time a place and a method to daily devotions. This past week I had already been focusing on alone time with me and God. And so I have been waking up really early like 6:30 am early, so that I can email quickly and then read my bible and then later when i have few time i can pray and read and do my devotion. I have been enjoying waking up early as well it makes me wake up by breakfast and to be fully awake during lectures. Oh but another thing that has pushed me this week is that Thursday night we had New Testament discussion group and I realized that I want to just dig into the books of the bible and spend time in the word really studing and know it. After our seminar on Friday we just had a few day but we had a tea party in the afternoon that I went to for a bit and then left to work on my essay. Friday night we had the dress rehearsal for the Christmas concert.
Saturday I had such a productive day I woke up at 630, talked with Jessica on facebook, then did my Old testament reading and then did my devotional and started my essay all before brunch. Then we went for a walk around the loop twice and then I sat in the lounge all after noon, working on Christmas cards, reading this new book I grabbed and then finishing my essay. Saturday night was a Christmas party, in the lounge with apple cidar and cookies with people playing games and music playing all around. I ended up having a really nice chat with one of the girls here. After that we did a block party with all the rooms in our hall, which was a lot of fun. Sun we had our church service in the lounge again and then, I literally hung out in here getting to know my RA finally a little bit better, wwhich was really nice, becuase I dont think i had ever really talked to her before. Then after lunch me and Jessica from alaska went with 3 of the staff girls to a staffs house and we baked all afternoon. Then there was Christmas choir production so I hung out and went to bed early for once.
I probably wont get another chance to post before I leave considering I leave tomorrow night at 11 pm to go down to London. I still havent packed yet, I dont know when i am going to but I have to pack my room up plus all the stuff I want to bring with me travelling. I am realizing I have a lot of stuff. This week is pretty slack we only have morning lectures which is nice and tonight we have our Christmas banquet where we get to get all dressed up and we get our food that is going to be amazing served to us. It should be a very fun evening. I am also having my room get together today and we are doing our secert santas. We are going to just hang out, pack together and get ready for tonight. We also find out who our secert sister is today. And then I just have to pack and last min details. Tomorrow we are cleaning and preparing and just hanging out and relaxing before we go away. I'll be gone travelling for 3 weeks and will probably keep you all updated. Please pray for safety and health as we go out. That we might just enjoy each others company and not want to strangle each other, but also that we might take what we are learning here and apply it in the real world and not forget but continue to live in the Word while we are out exploring
Lots of love and miss you guys in this Holiday season, Wishing I was home to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment