This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Saturday 17 March 2012

I bid fair well to Capernwray my home:(

 So my time here at Capernwray has drawn to a close, after a short but long six months. Time sure has gone by fast, it feels like just yesterday that I was getting on a plane going who knows where and meeting a bunch of strangers. The who knows where has now turned into home for me and the strangers are now family and friends. I am sad to leave this place I call home but I am soo excited to go home and see my family and my actually home. I am excited for normal life, to move on and start the rest of my journey in life. I have loved my time here and wish everyone could come and experience it. I can remember the first week here meeting everyone and doing a school dance and the hot sunny days. Where Zach jumped in the canal and being able to go out for walks late in the evening and not freezing your butt off. I remember trying to get to know all 175 students names, I now think I have it down. I can remember being overwhelmed by the baggage that I thought I had left at home but yet being reminded of it and learning how to deal with it. Then having a great peace about giving it to God. I have built relationships with people that I know will last a life tiime and I have grown in my relationship with Christ. I can now call myself beautiful and actually believe it and I can say that I know what I want to do and be extremely excited about it. I have been able to give my stresses and worries to God and know that he is my strength. I can say that Christ is living in my and doing amazing things in me, I am not saying i am perfect I never will be but I am growing and learning and changing slowly. It's going to be a hard journey one that Satan will try and attack and verr me off course time and time again but I will hold strong to Gods strength. Please dont expect me to be perfect of completely changed but also dont expect me to be my old person either.
And now for what the last week looked like it short. Mon and tues we had lectures still plus during spare time people either started packing, avoided packing and hung out with people or tried to finish old testament reading. Wed we still had lectures but in the evenying we had our final banquet, where we spent the day trying to pack as well as trying to get pretty and dressed up. I had no desire to do either of them and wish I could have just slept it was rather emotional. It was the last actually evening with everyone and was just kinda depressing. We had a dance in the evening and then me and a bunch of girls got together and went for a walk and prayed. The next morning we got to sleep in and have a late breakfast and then our final lecture with Rob Whittaker. This was followed by a mass packing party and cleaning. Everything had to be cleaned before the internet turned on or we could hang out, however those who finished early hung out in the lounge hall way signing each others yearbooks. Then there was tea and more signing followed by our last service, which was emotional and sad and then we had sometime before the London coach came to pick everyone up going down the london. It was rather odd, I can cry a lot yet I did not really cry at all. However once they left and things calmed down but not really I made my way to bed and stayed up thinking about how I wont see most of these people again. I was then awaken at the lovely hour of 5:30 am by one of my favourite people Ali Mayer who came to say goodbye. I will miss this girl, she has been such a blessing the last couple of weeks. I was then kept up by Megan, Sophie and Caitlyn at 6:30 when they came to say goodbye, if it wasnt so early I probably would have cried even more, these girls have been some of my bestfriends the last 6 months and I love them all so much. We had breakfast which I then had to say good bye to my friend Katey from germany which was the worst thing ever, I balled my eyes our And then after breaky was time to get cleaned up and spend a lot of time waiting till we left at 9:45 am which was just as hard. I had to say bye to everyone who was left and it was easy to say bye to the ones you are going to see again. It was hard but nice to say bye to Zach, i will miss the boy but I will see him again.Then it was time to begin my train journey down to Bristol which I got there around 3pm and had to take 3 different trains with a very heavy suit case and a back pack. I took a few flights of stairs, getting on and off the train and managed to only bruise my self 2 times and fall just once. I was picked up by Teresa my moms pen pal and am now staying at her lovley house with her 3 sons. Ieven got to have a bubble bath and watch tv which I havent done in the last 6 months. I have eatten lots and hung out and talked. I look forward to the rest of my travels.
Day 2- Bristol
So I am still in this random town, but I got to sleep in, make my own breakfast and relax before heading of to a town called CHEDDER. Crazy to think that people  have to be like 'I live in Chedder' Chedder cheese? Did you know its not famous for its cheese but rather for the Gorge. You can climb upthe rock face and the funny thing is that the one side of it you have to pay to climb but if you cross the road you can pretty much do the same hike and not pay. So which do you think we did? The one you didnt have to pay for and it was quite the climb it was rather steep and some parts where slippery but we made it to the top and it was pretty sweet up there because you could see over everything. We then went and walked around the town stopping at a Sweet shop of course and a few other nick nack shops and then heading to Blaise castle, we didnt get time to see the castle because it started to pour down with rain before we made it there so we went to the musuem. Before that we visited this awesome parkish area that has about 10 really tiny adorable cottages that were built for the people who worked in the Blaise castle. They were soooooo cute, I actually want to live in them, they are really small though., It was literally a sitting area/dining aread downstairs and upstairs I think 1 or 2 bedrooms if you were lucky. The outsides have seeats attached to the house. Then later in the evening we went and headed off to the pool at this counrty club. So this pool was amazing I got to go in a stream room, hot tub, did some swimming and went in the Sauna!! Oh boy do i miss my sauna nights with my caperwray saunaers. Theres a group of us that are in the sauna every mon and wed night and have been going since first term. After the sauna theres this bucket that fills up with cold water and you can dump it on yourself and so Alan, Teresa oldest son dared me to do it and so I did twice, rather chilli but quite refresshing as well. We then visisted and had tea and now I am off to bed to head down to London for a few days and then to Barcelona, Germany and then back here again. Pray for safe travels, fun times and amazing memories as well as beinging able to smoothly transition back into normal life. Love you lots and I am home sooon enough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment