This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Sunday 11 March 2012

10 day outreach!! God my strength!!

Hey so this is slightly late, We got back from 10 day out reach just the other day and I have to say I had a fantastic time! I wasn't worried or nervous in going at all, i was fully trusting that God had it all under control and he did. I was stretch and I grew and I have done things now that I never thought I could do. Our week went something like this Monday-Thurs we did prayer visiting during the day, we also had two school assemblies that we took part in. We taught primary school kids a song and a story as well Chris told them about his life. I also took part in 3 different small groups through out the week, where we studied the life of Gideon. I think I learned more then the people we were teaching the lesson to. Wed night me and 4 other girls took part in the girl guides group, and we just talked with them abou where we were from and then played ladders and I got to remember my days as a guide. I also got a thinking day badge! After the guides meeting there was a mans evening going on at a local pub however they could not stay there and do the talk that was planned so last minute us girls and some ladies from the church had to change the plans and set up to have 80 men come to the church for tea and coffee and biscuits. It was quite eventful and I actually enjoyed serving and helping with the last minute change. Thursday was actually our day off and so we headed out towards trafford Center, which is their big mall in Manchester and so yes I bought my self some new pants and a cute top. Friday I hit up every age group of people first we had a connection lunch with the people of Sale west and then there was an off limits +50 tea and then we had rocks and rockets and Projects, which are there youth groups they start at age 6 -18 all in one evening. Projects which was the older kids, we lead the whole thing so we played games and then me and Jillian shared our testamonies we both have very different ones so it was cool. The teens really enjoyed the evening. Saturday was the concert in the evening, that was done by this Christian artisit, who has an amazing voice and a crazy testamony. It was a great evening. Saturday we had the morning off so me and Sophie went out into Sale and did a little bit of exploring before heading off to the kids event down at Sale west. And then the concert. Sunday was my big day, after having a late night at the concert, I got a lack of sleep and had to head off to church early to prepare for my message. I wasnt nervous at all, well i had a few butterflies but other then that I didnt cry and I gave it and it went really well. I spoke on James 1:2-8, which is about the trials that we face and just seeing it in a much more joyful perspective and seeing them as a learning experience and a time to grow. I had some great feed back and some people who really enjoyed it. It doesnt mean I am preacher or anything by any means however it showed that I could do anything through God who actually does give you strength. I was truly relying on God and trusting that he would help me out and he did, he took away my nerves and spoke through my words to other people. It was also really cool cause one of the guys we prayer visited to, he came to church service to hear me preach and share. He was the guy that was really angry with God and with the church and he was truly suffering a great deal. It was sweet to see him there. After church we had lunch with the whole team and then relaxed with our host families before heading back out to the evening church service which was sweet. I loved my time at Sale and will remember it for a long time to come. I grew a great deal from the time there and was able to see myself being able to do anything that I want and that God does have a plan for me and he can use me just the way I am. And I love know that, its cool to be able to see that God can and will use you when the time is right. I miss the people there already, they were so awesome, I am going there again before heading home.
And so then there was 10 days left and so this past week has been pretty much just hanging out. We had two different lecture series, one of which was Rob doing more about Getting the King out of the Boy and then the other was Hans Peter Royer? From Austria Capernwray and he did it on Turning Truth into Reality. He was so awesome, everything he said was so pratical. The lecture that really got me thinking was his one on gratifulness, he was just saying to be thankful for things in our life that arent always easy to be thankful for. And so i have started being thankful for the little things in my life and so whenever I start thinking about bad things or just complaining about something in my life I dont like I find something that I am thankful for whether it is something big  or small and just remind myself that there is a lot of good in my life. I decided its a lot better way to live then to live thinking about all the bad in my life. So what else can I remember about this past week, I walked and swam a lot this week. Wed we went on an adventure with Kent, Eliana, Laura and Courtney, we went up this hilly mountain, did some trespassing crossed a few train tracks, which is really not allowed here and went to this shack, it was a lot of fun. I also went out to Grans and did some baking with Ali, Jessica and Megan. It was fun I really love those girls so much they have been so amazing.  During some of our lecture blocks we had recap of outreach, everyone had to share a little 4 minute thing about outreach. Friday was cleaning day, everyone had to clean, most of the girls were inside while the boys were out doing construction or digging trenches or whatever else is considered manly work. I however got to sew curtains with one other girl. And then the afternoon I spent reading and just hanging out. Friday evening was family night and so we went bowling and me and briar didnt do so well we lost against brother Kent. And then we played a monkey game before heading back to school. We got back really late as it was and then one of the girls found out her friend from home died so we hung out with her and prayed with her and so I was up until 2 am and then woke up at 7am to go to York for the day. We wandered around York all day and hung out with Katey, Orion, Trevor, Tim and Issac and just walked around really. Its gorgeous and such a sweet town. We got back here and had a wonderful talent show. Pretty much one of the best events that was happened here, it was so much funny and sooooo funny. I laughed and cheered so hard. My jaw hurt from all the laughing and screaming. Its hard to believe that is our last Saturday we have here and then today was the last church service and so everyone got dressed up and looked so nice. Ian spoke on Psalm 23 and how the Lord is our shephard, he talked about how a shephard wants to watch his sheep grow, and wants to lead them and he always knows where they are, he knows each of the sheep. And it is exactly like God. Tonight we have a sharing evening, so telling of out time here. Last week, and so the count down begins, I leave school on Friday and I am home on the 11th of April. Love you and cant wait to be home again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment