This is my time spent in England, growing in my faith and my experiences...with not a clue to the out come but with an open mind..I am starting a new chapter in my life and filling it with life changing things!

Wednesday 11 April 2012

The end of my travels: Germany, Holland and England and Wales!!!

So real quick update before I head back home, the rest of my travels I was in Germany a small town near Holland with my Grandmas cousin which was a lot of fun. They were so funny, cuase they both speak dutch and german with a little english and I only speak english and they were trying to teach me German and Dutch. Let me tell you it didnt work so well I am not very good. But We went to Holland for 2 days, which I didnt think I would get to do. I did and it was sweet. Loved IT!!!! I decided I am going to learn Dutch, and then move to Holland and find myself a good dutch boy!! Hahaha it wont happen dont worry, but a girl can dream. While in Holland I saw a small town where we took a boat around the canals which were roads. We saw windmills and fields of tall grass used for the roofs. We also went to a Dutch market, amazing, they had massive fabric stands. As you can imagine I waas in Heaven. We also went to this Orchard farm, which was really pretty, there was butterflies and all sorts of flowers. In the evenings we played games and went for walks and just hung out. They were amazing, reminded me so much of my Grandma who I miss dearly. I then took the train to Frankfurt where Milena meet up with me and took me around Bad Homburg. We ran some errands before picking up Jessica and Kendal from the train station, a true caperwray party. Where ever you go you will always find Capernwray family!! We spent a day in Frankfurt and then spend a night at a German Christian concert. The guy singing sounded amazing, not that I understood a word of what he was actually saying but none the less we had fun. We also one day went to a highropes course just for Kendal and jessica, well we all went and had a blast but those two were so excited and in their element. It was really a blast, i could have done it all day. Defiantely would do it again, after our time in the jungle as Tarzans and Jane or Donkey Kong, we went and hit up Ikea in Germany. Both Jess and Kendal had never been and i just really want to try Ikea in another language for the fun of it. We finished our evening by making a yummy meal, watching the 2nd Princess diary movie with loads of chocolate and german beer, we tried some interesting flavours. The following day the two girls left and we picked up Nathan in Frankfurt to hang out and wander, we set up a picnik by the river and talked then took him back to the train station so he could go to Prague and we were suppose to meet Gina and Min. However Milena got the dates wrong, so after getting our excercise by walking up and down the platforms looking for them we went off to shop!! Then went back and watched Germans next top model, which Milena had to translate for me, becuase I dont understand German. The next day was departure day for me again. Leaving Milena at the trainstation was rather sad, i shredded a few tears and headed off on my way to the airport, caught my flight and then transfered over in Amsterdam ( I have a stamp now) I also just barely got there as the gate was closing.  Then I was in Bristol again, and spent the next few days hanging out. We went to stonehenge and Salisbury Cathredal one day, and then to Devon and the beach the next as well as meet some wildponies. They rather enjoyed my hand, it tasted like food apparently. I think they also could smell my apple in my purse. The day after Teresa's oldest son and his girlfriend and his sister took me over to Wales. I officially finished my trip around the UK!! We went to this Big Pit, it was a mining place where we got to go underground and wear hard hats and lights on our heads. I had rather bad hat hair after that. We also went into Cardiff were we then went in the castle and wandered around for a bit before I had to head back to catch a train to my last and final stop on my journey in Europe.
My last stop was a much needed stop. I stopped by at my host famillies house from outreach, their names are Diana and John. Diana is a doctor who had a nickname as Di but when we became a doctor she couldnt go as Dr.Di. And her husband John is big in the film industry. They are such a sweet couple and I had a lot of fun staying with them. It was a different experience coming back to Sale but not with my team. None the less it was fun. I went to church with them on easter sunday where everyone remembered me and was surprised to see me, the welcomed me with open arms. Diana preached this sunday, where last time it was I who preached. After church they had a few people over for Easter lunch in which I was feed an amazing meal with lamb and all the fixings. It was quite an interesting meal with some very good conversations going on that I couldnt understand for the life of me, it was rather complicated. Afterwards me and Diana went to the evening service where I got quite a few double takes as well as a lot of welcome hugs and warms smiles. It was sooo good to be back, I love that church so much there is so much life there. There have been some amazing things happening since we left from outreach. There have been amazing prayers that have been answered as well as the man I brought to church is still going as well he got involved in a small group and the y course with the church. So cool!!! Monday me and Diana headed off to Manchester were we visited an art gallery before meeting her niece and nephew at this Make Jesus Known concert in the streets of Manchester. It was fun and cool but very wet and cold so we went for coffee and got to know them better before heading back to Dianas place for tea (dinner). It was a lot of fun her niece and nephew are so on fire for God and are both very lively fun people, we finished by playing a game of life which Kit her nephew said he would win. I told him he wouldnt and he did but I came in second and we were the only two who had any money left by the end.
The next day was a relaxing get everything that i hadnt gotten yet and pack kinda day. Diana had to babysit so I helped her with that for a bit and then headed off to town. I picked up last minute items and then tried to pack everything in to 3 bags, a suite case, backpack and a duffel bag, I believe everything is under weight but we shall see when we get to the airport. I am now off to the airport to fly home after almost 7 months of being away this is really strange. It almost feels worse then leaving the first time. Look forward to seeing you all at home and I might continue this blog just for my sake and to see how adjusting back home is untill next time love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment